A most Attractive part Period Cottage of Charm and Character and a rear Garden down to the river.
Known as 'Littlefields', it is probably eighteenth century extended in the 20th century. Originally timber clad, but the timber cladding was rendered over about 1930.
In the 1930s it was known as 'The Hut', Chipping Hill.
Sources: Janet Gyford; Essex Directories; Witham & Countryside Society.